Membership InformationMembership Dues, Instructor Guidelines, Meeting Minutes, Newsletters and Standing Rules
Membership dues are collected from January 1st through the February 1st every calendar year. To renew:
- Be sure to bring your valid rec card
- $12.00 check (only) made out to Weavers West
- Two monitor credits within the previous calendar year are required in order to renew club membership
- New members may join at any time during the year and names will be added to the already published membership book
To be included in the Weavers West Membership book for the current year, please have your membership paid by February 1st.
Weavers West Instructor Guidelines
1. Except for Basics and Beyond Basics, student will have loom dressed (by their preference) and ready to weave by first day of class. *One- day workshops may be an exception.
2. Existing Instructor Manual Library may be used as resource for each weaving structure as well as Handwoven and Weavers West Library.
3. Class sign-up will be in Red Class Book 8 weeks prior to first class. Supply List will also be in Red Class Book 8 weeks prior to first class.
4. Students must meet skill level of class being taught.
5. Class size is at Instructor discretion.
6. Once class is set, inform Yarn Store Chairperson of fiber needs. Lead time of up to 2 months is needed.
7. Students obtain own supplies.
8. Instructors will provide list of resources to students for supplies not currently carried in Yarn Store.
PROCEDURE FOR CLASS SUPPLIES
1. Supply list in Red Class Book 8 weeks in advance.
2. Specialty items (Kumihimo supplies, Southwest yarn) to be provided to students in collaboration with Instructor. Instructor will provide assistance to students in locating and/or purchasing these items. Payment for these supplies will be paid to Instructor at time of ordering or delivery per Instructor preference.