- This event has passed.
WEAVING I: Rigid Heddle Virtual Learning Session ONE December 8 , 2020
December 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$50
This introductory weaving workshop will get you started weaving on a rigid heddle loom in about 2 hours. We use a quick method to warp and weave a sampler that teaches a variety of weaves.
In the first in-person session you will learn to warp the loom and begin weaving
Online videos will lead you through the process of making a sampler that teaches you several more techniques. Unlimited virtual sessions will direct you through all the steps to complete a sampler wall hanging including the finishing techniques.
The second in-person session provides an opportunity to ask questions and troubleshoot problems.
(WIFI access required for the virtual portion of the class)
TEACHERS: Rigid Heddle Teaching Team FEE: $50 Includes:
- Rigid heddle loom rental for 3 weeks,
- Use of a heddle, sley hook, warping peg, warp,
- Access to online learning sites,
- One on one in-person instruction
- (if you already own or have access to a rigid heddle loom to use for the class and the equipment needed, class fee is $30)
CLASS SIZE: 2 students
CLASS REGISTRATION FORM IN RED BINDER (After November 15, 2020)
- Loom terminology
- Direct warping
- Weaving terminology
- Finishing techniques
- Resources for patterns
- Tape measure
- Paper and pencil/pen
- Warp yarn or your choosing (see fiber requirements in binder)
- Loom Rental Package thru Weavers West,
$100 security deposit required OR Personal rigid heddle loom and various accessories